Friday, August 7, 2009

Kiki's Gimpy Eye and my new Car's Carpet!


So my kitty KiKi has had a gimpy eye. It's been teary and squinty. This happened a few months ago and I asked my husband, an optometrist, to take a look at it. He tried, but didn't really know what to expect from a cat-eye. Last night he seemed unconcerned and suggested we wait and see if her eye clears up on its own.
After a rough morning of shopping (tax free weekend) I was somewhat concerned for my Kitty when I arrived home, since her eye continued to be teary. I took her immediately to the Vet. Of course her curiosity and instinct overcame her and her eyes widened and the tearing stopped. The Vet took a look and deducted she was fine. I persisted she take a more thorough look, so for a bargain of $23 bucks the Vet fluoroscein stained Kiki's eye. Ironically, many a time have these little fluorocein stain strips been left in my husbands shirt pocket during laundry only to leave a yellow stain!
$102.74 later, the doc says results are inconclusive as to why the eye is gimpy, but we can use human drops as a preventative measure to guard against and type of infection. Yep, the same ones my husband keeps in stock for his patients.
- Returning to the car, Kiki unsuccessfully tried to escape our grasp (Lins was fortunately able to grab her before a nasty car did), but despite her escape efforts, she was tossed into our car- well, my car. My new car. My first new car in 29 years. The irony? While Kitty was saved from the fate of untamed cars whizzing by, my brand new car's carpet wasn't spared from the whizzing Kitty's bladder!
: (

No comments:

Post a Comment