Sunday, August 23, 2009

Cloudy Beach Days, Sunburns and Sand Toys


Recently, my daughters and I visited some friends at the beach, Jekyll Island to be exact. It was a last minute whim and weekend adventure. Despite being VERY overcast I warned we should use sunscreen. Everyone knows you can get a nasty sunburn through the clouds! A feeble attempt was made for slight sunscreen application- then our day(s) began!

The beach is ALWAYS a nice break from the real world! Kids playing building sand castles, waves rippling, walks through the water break, shell searching...you all know the do-dah. Well, the oxymoron is that I got far more "sun" and "burn" through the Georgia cloudy coastline in two days than I did a week on the sunny Barbados beach!
However, being the cleaver person that I am- I brilliantly discovered that a child's sand-trowel makes for the best back 'scratcher' ever for a peeling back! I promise! Next time your skin is ready to molt post-burn skin and it is creeping and crawling with insatiable itching- try it!

STATUS: Sunburns through Clouds- MORONIC AND OXYMORONIC

STATUS: Sand trowels to scratch peeling backs-BRILLIANT!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love going to the beach. Getting away from polluted cities and stress from work. Hotel in Barbados really helps me to relax and just enjoy the company of my loved ones.

    ReplyDelete