Sunday, September 18, 2011

Biggest Oxymoron of MY LIFE!

My daughter's former roommate is a delightful, smart, witty, tall girl. She recently graduated with her undergrad degree in anthropology and spent a good part of the past 8 months working for free in an internship in Washington D.C. My daughter also had an awesome internship in D.C. only my daughter was at the Smithsonian. The roommate has worked hard to earn a paying position where she has been interning. 

She got the job! YAYAYAYAY!

So, you are asking, "where is the oxymoron in this situation?'..... Her first job out of college pays her more money with benefits than I get teaching 10 college classes a year and one high school class a year with absolutely zero benefits, and I have a MS degree, have completed professional development programs, etc.
I must be a fool or is it that I'm just dedicated to teaching?????


No comments:

Post a Comment